Dear Valued Trade Partners,
We are pleased to share the upcoming Product Consultant Development Day Supplier Meeting opportunities for the period of February 2024 – June 2024. These opportunities create a great opportunity for you to bring important guests, product knowledge, education, and engagement to LCBO Product Consultants.
Supplier Meetings are hosted in 13 locations and 17 groups across the province that align with our Product Consultants’ Developmental Days. These sessions are scheduled, on average, once a month throughout the year. These one-hour supplier meetings allow our Retail Product Consultants to gain educational insights from the trade that foster a deeper understanding of your brands and our products. Your collaboration in this educational endeavour is invaluable, and your participation serves to enrich our Product Consultants' knowledge and brand exposure.
Please find the critical dates for the program below.
We have modified our application submission process to address recent challenges with the submission process. Leveraging Microsoft Office 365, the application process will open on Monday, November 27th, 2023, at 9:00 am and closes on Friday, December 8th, 2023, at 5:00 pm. The application period for which we are considering your proposals will be February - June 2024.
Please take time to familiarize yourself with the proposal criteria before submitting your application(s).
Proposal Overview & Acceptance Criteria:
A comprehensive proposal must be submitted using the application link for LCBO's approval of supplier meetings. Please note we strive to ensure fair and equitable acceptance based on the quality of the proposal submission.
Please consider the following:
- A maximum of 5 presentation topic proposals per supplier can be submitted; we cannot guarantee allocation as availability is limited.
- Clearly define the learning outcomes to ensure presentations are well-structured with advanced product knowledge and educational components.
- Content can span various aspects, including beer, wine, spirits, regional and varietal themes, and food-related pairing exercises. Interactive and diverse teaching methods are highly encouraged.
- Audience-tailored content is key. As our Product Consultants are well-versed in beverage alcohol, advanced-level educational content is preferable. Presenters who LCBO Retail Product Consultant Development Day- Supplier Applications – 2024 2 hold critical roles within the company (such as winemakers/key principals) are especially valued.
Supplier Meetings Overview:
- Presentations are to be approximately one hour long, commencing at 2:30 PM and concluding by 3:30 PM. Please plan to arrive by 2:00 PM for successful set-up
- LCBO will provide tasting glasses and spittoons at each location.
- The tasting session can feature up to six products
Application Review Process:
Once applications are reviewed, you will receive an email confirmation from the Customer Engagement Group with your assigned dates, locations, and approved proposal topics.
Proposal confirmations will be sent out the week of December 18th, 2023.
Please click on the link below to submit your proposal via Microsoft Forms. You will find the dates organized by location. The form is simple and intuitive to use.
Please answer all questions as thoroughly as possible.
Click here to apply:
Thank you for considering this partnership opportunity, and we look forward to continued collaboration.
Diana Ruscetta Senior Manager, Customer Engagement Group