New Item Submission System (NISS)
NISS is an easy-to-use, web-based tool that allows agents and suppliers to:
We are replacing the "Letter of Commitment" (LOC), with a notification document called "Notice To Purchase" (NTP). This change will have the following benefits:
- Unlike the LOC, the Notice to Purchase (NTP) does not require the suppliers' action. The Notice to Purchase (NTP) will be sent to the agent who created the submission and copied to the supplier.
- Should there be any concerns with the Notice to Purchase (NTP); the agent will be able to fully represent the supplier in this matter.
- The Notice to Purchase (NTP) will be attached to the email notification as a pdf document. Therefore, the supplier will no longer be required to request access to NISS or to login to NISS to review the Notice to Purchase (NTP).
- As part of the Notice to Purchase (NTP) process, the agent may be asked to submit some documents (e.g., Organic Certificate) or complete some forms (e.g., Label Examination form). These transactions will now also be done online as part of our continuous efforts to reduce paper usage.
- No extra action is required from the agent or the supplier. If you already have access to NISS, you will automatically be able to view any NTPs that are created for your submission.
LCBO staff use NISS to log, track and approve or decline submissions. This new tool speeds up the application process and reduces turn-around times.
You are encouraged to become familiar with NISS now.
YOU MUST APPLY TO USE NISS
To request access to NISS, please click here.
Agents: Please note if you already have access to NISS, you need not reapply. If you do not have access to NISS, please ensure you include your Agent number when completing the online form. If you do not know your Agent number, contact the appropriate LCBO Business Unit (Wines, Spirits, BRTD or VINTAGES). If you are a new agent who is not currently doing business with the LCBO, please leave the company number blank on the form.
The NTP User Guide tells you how to use the NTP module of NISS.
Click here for answers to FAQs about NISS.
In order to save and print NISS submission information, you will need Adobe Reader.